Course Id :
Resilience & Continuity
CERTIFIED BCMS EXERCISING & TESTING PROFESSIONAL
A disaster can strike at any point of time and now one knows how much impact it would create. Moreover, disasters are usually a chain of events impacting the organization and not just a singular one. Effective business continuity plans are the most critical ammunition that you should have during such an event. Such plans can glide you through disasters and ensure your businesses do not suffer huge impacts.
Exercising and testing of BCPs is an important step in the BCM Program. It helps to ensure currency, accuracy, completeness, and effectiveness of the BCPs, related arrangements, resources and dependencies. The output of a BCP exercise provides inputs to the Continual Improvement stage.
This course is highly interactive, and activity driven. Delivery mechanisms include presentation-based discussions, individual and group exercises. Live cases are used to explain the concepts. The delegates will leave with a self-developed exercise plan with full scripts. The course is supported by additional reading material and sample documents.
Gorisco has designed this training course to prepare its delegates for implementing an effective business continuity management system (BCMS) in compliance with the requirements of ISO 22301:2019. Attending this course allows you to gain the knowledge, skills and competencies of ensuring your organization has robust BCPs which are well exercised and ready to deploy.
After the training, you will need to sit for the certification exam. Upon successful clearance of this exam, you will receive ‘Certified BCMS Exercising & Testing Professional’ certificate and title. This certificate will prove that you have the professional capabilities to build and mature effective business continuity plans that will actually work during disasters.
• Understand what an exercise and a test is
• Understand the need to exercise or test the plans
• Know various parameters involved in designing, developing, and delivering a BCP exercise
• Enhance the effectiveness of the plans and the overall BCMS
• Acquire the necessary knowledge to support an organization in effectively planning, executing, reporting, learning and continually improving the BCMS exercise in your organization
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
• BCM Leaders responsible for business continuity implementation, maintenance, and maturity in an organization
• BCM Coordinators from business and other support functions involved in business continuity implementation and maintenance
• BCM Consultants involved in business continuity implementation and maintenance
• Project Managers driving business continuity implementation and maintenance
• Expert advisors seeking to master the implementation of BCMS
• Professionals responsible to maintain conformity with BCMS requirements
• All members of the BCM team
Delegates of this training course are required to have a fundamental understanding of business continuity concepts and good knowledge of BCMS implementation. An experience of about 2 years in business continuity domain is required to be able to grasp the elements of this course.